1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 10:59:31 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 vincecharus 於 2020-11-5 20:39 編輯

{:4_112:}

相探討一下各位師兄的攝影需要是什麼,不介意討論一下嗎?

例如:家庭照、生活照、旅遊照、風景自然照、微距照、建築市景照、動物照、運動照、街頭照、人像照、環境人像、新聞攝影、藝術照、產品照、結婚照、科學照、等等...

室內、室外? 自然光、人造光? 專業、半專業、業餘? 黑白、彩色?

攝影的目的是為了留念、和家人朋友分享、服務社群、在網誌上與網友分享、開影展、出影集、賺取收入、或只是滿足自己?

你認為使用什麼器材,才最能達到你的攝影需要呢?

回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

1萬

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2013-8-22 11:02:03 | 顯示全部樓層
我自己最近在想這個問題,還未完全想通,但因此卻可能在器材方面有較大變動...

回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 11:04:44 | 顯示全部樓層
It is a part of my existance.  Any tool that can connect with me and become a part of me.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

中級會員

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 11:59:32 | 顯示全部樓層
The 'eye' to translate a story, to make the viewer study the entire frame.
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 12:38:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Vincent

What subject u are shooting, or going to shoot these days ?
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 13:08:25 | 顯示全部樓層
影相係娛樂,把玩相機又係娛樂,前者用iphone都可以,後者就要有唔同玩具,不過玩得多會無癮,最終留返d合用就算了。
One doesn’t have to be in some faraway dreamland in order to find beauty. -- Saul Leiter
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

1萬

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2013-8-22 13:40:27 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 vincecharus 於 2013-8-22 13:57 編輯
duncanwong 發表於 2013-8-22 12:38
Vincent

What subject u are shooting, or going to shoot these days ?

Duncan,我當下攝的,有:
1、平日的家庭和生活照;
2、旅遊時的建築市景、自然風景
3、一年幾次答應為團體攝的events照
4、間中為自己感興趣的社會事件攝的記實照
5、有帶相機時碰巧攝得的照片

老實說,我對攝影的興趣比相機大,我不是收藏家,不用的器材,我一般都會賣掉。

M機給了我不少攝影的樂趣,但最合乎我需要的,似乎不是M機。

平日casual的照片,一我不需要M機的image quality;二我使用M機時需要全神貫注,使我和被攝的人物主體都過分緊張,不能放鬆。NEX無反FF加Zeiss可能是更適當的組合,我有NEX3,雖然kit lens的影像質素確實欠佳,但我覺得手感不錯,FF應該會很容易適應,讓我能更容易掌握composition。

一幅好的照片,composition 比 image quality 遠遠重要!

Serious 的照片,旅遊風景也好,events official photos 也好,我很想有 medium format 的 image quality。我用M機,全部用現成光,但我知道有時如果適度的用一點人造光(one light source only, maximum two),效果可能會更好。Events 裡的花絮,NEX該綽綽有餘了。

這幾年都是用M機,參考了不少使用M機的大師的風格,都是比較感性、浪漫、甚至抽象,但心底裡我覺得,對我自己來說,最值得紀念的照片,是記錄性和藝術性並全的。我很欣賞大師們的作品,但在某程度上,我不想過度跟從他們的風格。

NEX FF 我相當肯定是適合我的,Medium format 還要想想。

其實我還沒有完全想通...

回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 13:49:13 | 顯示全部樓層
vincent

very good detail feedback
need to digest to feedback you :-)
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

高級會員

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 13:50:49 | 顯示全部樓層
我地依D非攝影專業人士, 唔使幫人影相糊口. 有機就玩下機, 有鏡就試下鏡. 甚麼題材都試影下, 何必要為自己定甘多框框?
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

1萬

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2013-8-22 14:02:20 | 顯示全部樓層
Superhorse 發表於 2013-8-22 13:50
我地依D非攝影專業人士, 唔使幫人影相糊口. 有機就玩下機, 有鏡就試下鏡. 甚麼題材都試影下, 何必要為自己 ...

超馬兄,每個人樂趣的所在都不同,其實我鍾意影相多過玩器材,所以我會遇到這樣的問題
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

高級會員

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 14:12:06 | 顯示全部樓層
vincecharus 發表於 2013-8-22 14:02
超馬兄,每個人樂趣的所在都不同,其實我鍾意影相多過玩器材,所以我會遇到這樣的問題

我唔係鼓吹器材, 關於題材我相信每個攝影人都經過什麼題材都影的階段, 先至搵到自己喜愛的題材. 不過喜愛係會根隨年齡, 見識而變化, 沒有一成不變的. 所以不應給自己定下框框.

剛剛睇完李小龍展, 佢有句金句好正 - 以無限為有限
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

1萬

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2013-8-22 14:19:06 | 顯示全部樓層
Superhorse 發表於 2013-8-22 14:12
我唔係鼓吹器材, 關於題材我相信每個攝影人都經過什麼題材都影的階段, 先至搵到自己喜愛的題材. 不過喜愛 ...

你的說法不錯,有 Magnum 大師給新一代的意見也是這樣。

但是,每個人攝影成長的歷程不一樣,沒有一條路是所有人都要走的,況且,我在十多歲到二十多歲時,都試了不少了,停了二十年再玩,人生苦短,要集中做自己真正想做的事
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 14:41:45 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 redrede 於 2013-8-22 14:44 編輯

Record the moments I'm wanted, places and people. My job also need to take a lot of photos for reporting. What photo gears mean to me are to be joyful and easy to use, Leica is simple enough and I don't need to playing around ISO, especially using film M, all I need is to focus (like playing a gun, just want to know hit it right and not to worry how a mess can be done).

The fantasy of my photo habit is to take some photos that are good and mean something to me,and I can hang it up on my walls.
Live in the Moment
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 14:58:04 | 顯示全部樓層
絕對贊同vincecharus c-hing 得見解,我亦以c-hing 有著類似得攝影經歷,二三十年前從同時擁有leica,nikon,同蝦仔,玩埋彩色黑房,個個月參加攝影會月賽打龍,考埋的唔知有無用既degree....突然間唔知點解將的器材搬晒去比陳洪,浄買返部傻瓜機...
三年前玩返FF數碼但總係覺得差的野。宜家日日袋住部M6,只插一支鏡出街,見到值得影既才拿出來柑一下快門,有時兩三個月才影一筒亦好滿足.....
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

1萬

積分

超級版主

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 15:54:20 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 Jason 於 2013-8-22 17:23 編輯

Please forgive me for writing in english. It's easier for me.

I think what vincecharus asked is a really good and important question. I have thought a lot about it, particularly when I studied photography almost professionally back then. Probably it is one of the most important questions about photography, in my view. To put it specifically -
What are the goals of photography? By what means to achieve such goals? And how to achieve such goals effectively?

I think the answers are very much personal, affected by particular needs or taste, or even social and economic conditions. I will try to list out what I have thought about and what I regard to be important.

1. Photography is about capturing the beautiful.
2. Photography is about capturing the real.
3. Photography is about capturing what has happened.
4. Photography is about capturing the feeling of the moment.
5. Photography is about creating "a moment" of the moment.
6. Photography is about pleasing the eyes of the other.
7. Photography is about creating a feeling of the other.

I think the first four points and #6 "pleasing the eyes of the other" are what we think about photography usually.
What is a good picture? In the most ordinary sense, a beautiful picture is a good picture. That's why we always like a picture with a young, beautiful woman in it. Why? Because it is simply beautiful. "Attractive", to put it this way.

But photography is different from other visual art forms, for example, painting, in a critical sense: We always assume photography is about the real. It lies deeply on the mechanism, as well as, the historical development of cameras. Photography always gives us an impression that it shows us "what has really happened". One can think of the images of security cameras (CCTV). The "realness" of photography is not only about the formalistic elements in the picture, such as facial expression, lighting, color, etc, but also about time and space. To twist Gertrude Stein a little bit, who once said "There is no there there" to signify the fleeting nature of time and space. A photograph proves "There happened there". This realness is very crucial regarding photo journalism. It is also the underlying principle of pictures like those of National Geographic, and of course, war photography of all sorts.

But these only give answers to those who take pictures professionally. To put it more bluntly, the aim of these photos only exist to please "the eyes of the other", no matter it is your friend, or a magazine editor, or the newspaper audience, or even the "imagined" historical eyes for, say, war photographs. The photograph's transcendental existence lies on some external, I would say metaphysical, principles, namely, Beauty and Truth.

For most of us, we don't take pictures for these. And honestly, even we do, these pictures are not the pictures we care most.
Imagine, if one day your house is on fire, you have five minutes the pack your stuffs to go. What pictures are you going to take? The 4x5 picture you took of a lotus last year which got you critical praise from Royal Photographic Society? Or the snapshot picture you took 10 years ago in your daughter first birthday party, in which your girl cried like a little monster?

I think we all know the answer. The real essence of photography is about emotion. The photos we care most are always the photos which capture the feeling of the moment - the feeling that we treasure a lot in the later days in our lives that "the moment" is no longer there. And that is the reason why professional photography, no matter how good it is, can NEVER be more important than personal photography. And that is also the idea, which I'm going to advocate here, that professional photography needs to learn from personal photography.

In fact, we started to see this trend in fashion photography in the past ten to twenty years. One quick example would be Terry Richardson. Let's put aside whether his images are vulgar (Of course, they are. But that is the whole point, isn't it?). We have to see the point he is making: he is blending personal photography and professional fashion photography. The real substance of his work is never about how beautiful the composition of the work is, but how everyday it is, how similar it is related to any moment in our lives.

If the key of photography is about capturing the moment, and thus capturing and reproducing its "emotion" (Look, "emotion" is the keyword here. This notion of emotion is also true for probably most successful war photography and photojournalism), we may push it even further to ask: Can we create such moment and such emotion?

All photographers should know that once you take out your camera, the dynamic changed. There is no invisible camera in any psychological sense. People act differently and even weirdly when a camera is there. That brings us two questions: If we take a camera to capture the moment, is THE moment real? What kinds of changes, affectively and dynamically, a camera make to the moment?

If all pictures are unreal in some sense, how can we treat photography as a piece of artwork, how can see it as a means of communication? I think, to me, the most important goal of photography is to provoke a feeling, an emotion. Whether it is beautiful, whether it is real, are not all that important. The smile may be fake, the composition may be wrong, but what important is: the feeling it provokes is real. That's why, Carla Bruni very intelligently pointed out, there is something honest about fashion photography.

It is just like the story of Emma Zunz: Even though the rape was false, the allegation was false, and the whole story was false, "but it impressed everyone because substantially it was true. True was Emma Zunz' tone, true was her shame, true was her hate. True also was the outrage she had suffered: only the circumstances were false, the time, and one or two proper names."

回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

1萬

積分

超級版主

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 16:04:42 | 顯示全部樓層
Oh.. i realize I didn't talk about what cameras should be used, which should be one of the main questions here!

I suppose once we understand more about what we want to achieve in photography, equipment becomes a much easier question
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 16:40:02 | 顯示全部樓層
唯一需要的是...動人的MM....
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

帖子

積分

VIP

積分
發表於 2013-8-22 16:47:48 | 顯示全部樓層
Jason 發表於 2013-8-22 15:54

I think what vincecharus asked is a ...

I think, to me, the most important goal of photography is to provoke a feeling, an emotion. Whether it is beautiful, whether it is real, are not all that important. The smile may be fake, the composition may be wrong, but what important is: the feeling it provokes is real.

Can't agree more.  
回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

1萬

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2013-8-22 18:09:56 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 vincecharus 於 2013-8-22 18:27 編輯

Wow Jason thanks for the rather long exposition.

What you said encompassed a lot of the recent thinking on this subject at large.  Not only that, but anyone who's a fan of Leica M lenses knows pretty well that the difference between, say a Summilux/Noctilux on the one hand and a Canon/Nikkor lens of a similar aperture/focal length on the other hand is that the emotions producible by the former is hardly producible by the latter.  (And of course, the price as well!)

However, for me, recent trend or thinking or taste is one thing, whereas what I want to achieve is perhaps another.  When I talked about "composition", I use the word in a very loose sense.  "Content" would probably be a lot more accurate.  I want to take pictures of certain contents, but somehow I feel that the M-system helps me to a certain point but then gets in the way.

The M-system gets in my way on a number of points.

1.  The experience of casual photo taking, to me, is epitomized by taking a photo of a subject with an iPhone.  Nonetheless, the sheer weight of the Leica M brand makes everybody involved, myself and the subjects inclusive, far too nervous.  More casual equipment would certainly work better.  HCB's timeless epithet, the capturing of the "defining moment", is what matters to me most.  In HCB's times, Leica M (or screw mount) is much more stealthy than 4x5.  The relative stealth of Leica helped because photography, in the mind of most people, was associated with being recorded by a gigantic machine known as a large-format or medium-format camera.  However, times have changed.  Nowadays, at least in my own experience, the whole narrative associated with Leica-M (due to brand building and marketing) is hindering rather than helping the unobtrusiveness that is necessary for the taking of casual photos.

2.  Auto-focus helps most of the time.  Leica-M doesn't have auto-focus.  Let's face it: photographers take advantage of technological advancement all the time.  The 50AA is a technological advancement over the Summicron Type 5 inasmuch as auto-focus is a technological advancement over manual focus.  Over time, I have come to the realization that most of the time auto-focus would help me rather than hinder me.

3.  The whole culture and narrative surrounding Leica-M is steering me away from the result I actually want to achieve.  To use your language, I find that a lot of my pictures taken by Leica-M are eliciting the wrong emotions for the wrong reasons.  A lot of the times, I actually miss the defining moments I want to capture, instead coming up with pictures with stunning bokeh and image quality (and maybe even composition in the technical sense).  This is good thing in a way that people actually like the smell of my fart (which of course I have not intended) is a good thing.  However, I get tired for being praised for the wrong reasons which I have not intended, while failing to carry out what I actually want to achieve.  (N.B. This, unsurprisingly, is part of the Leica culture, too, which people call the acceptance of surprises and mistakes in one's images.)

To cut it short, in casual photography I just want to take certain pictures as I intended, but on multiple levels Leica-M seems to get in the way.

回復

使用道具 舉報

主題

1萬

帖子

1萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2013-8-22 18:20:08 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 vincecharus 於 2013-8-22 18:24 編輯

On the other hand, for serious "set" photos in which the subjects are not too mobile (e.g. landscape or studio or portraiture shots), in which image quality ACTUALLY matters, there are equipment out there which out-performs Leica-M.

For me, it is just a matter of how much serious work I have to do, and whether the purchase of a medium-format would be justified.  This is not just a matter of money.  I actually need the commitment to haul my Gitzo tripod and Acra Swiss ballhead and my camera system up and down the mountains and the valleys, the patience to compose right and to light the scene perfectly (if artificial light is required), and the perseverance for dealing with a plethora of other issues associated with formats larger than full-frame.

It is a question of whether the means justifies the end (and, for me, perhaps not the other way round).
回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|mclassic.com.hk

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 11:08 , Processed in 0.023817 second(s), 18 queries .